Looking to invest in crypto? When buying crypto using a credit card, you need to consider factors such as security, low fees, and high convenience.
In the guide below, we’ve rounded up some of the best sites on which you can securely buy crypto with a credit card.
Best Site to Buy Crypto with Credit Card
hi is one of the best places to buy crypto using a credit card. With Hi.com, you can buy HI or any other cryptocurrency with a credit card in minutes. It’s easy to open a new account, and the platform lets you buy HI instantly.
hi stands out for being safe and secure and can be accessed conveniently via Telegram, WhatsApp, or the web app. In addition, hi allows members to earn or buy HI to access services and benefits such as yield farming, staking rewards, etc. You can buy and stake popular cryptocurrencies, including coins like Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and HI.
- Sign in to the hi Web App and tap on “Buy HI.”
- Select “Pay with Cards” in the top right-hand corner
- Enter the amount of HI you would like to purchase. The corresponding amount in USD will be automatically calculated.
- Select price rate, tap “Buy HI” and check out to confirm the transaction.
The minimum purchase amount is just USD10. Then, you can input the number of HI they would like to buy and see a real-time estimate of the selected currency’s equivalent price. You will also be required to complete ID verification in order to purchase HI with a credit card.
Binance is one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the market. Its own credit card payment service allows users to buy cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum (ETH) with their Visa or MasterCard. You are expected to pay between 3% to 4.5% in fees for credit card crypto purchases on Binance.
Here is how to buy crypto with a credit card on Binance:
- Go to the Binance website or download the app for your device.
- Register for a new account, or you can login into your existing one.
- Select the “Buy Crypto” button and click “Credit Card” as a payment method.
- Select the coin you want to buy (BTC, ETH, USDT, etc.).
- Enter the amount you want to spend and click the “Buy now” button.
- Confirm your order by choosing the “Pay with credit/debit card” option in a pop-up window.
- Before clicking the “Confirm” button, fill in the relevant fields and double-check that all information is correct: your full name, billing address, phone number, and email address should be provided correctly for verification purposes.
- Enter the 3DS passcode from your bank card or choose other 2FA methods if needed for additional safety measures.
- You will receive the cryptocurrency assets after the transaction gets successful.
Coinbase is one of the world’s most popular cryptocurrency exchanges that allows you to buy and sell digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. You can also use credit cards on Coinbase to fund your account or buy cryptocurrencies. However, Coinbase charges a 2.49% transaction fee on all crypto purchases made using a credit card.
Here’s how to buy crypto with a credit card on Coinbase:
- Sign up for a Coinbase account.
- After creating an account, verify your email address and phone number
- When your account is created, go to the payment methods page and click “Add Payment Method,” where you will be able to input your credit card details.
- Fill in the essential information for “Credit/Debit Card.” Input your first and last name (as it appears on your credit card) and your Billing Address and Credit Card Number, expiration date, and security code (CVV). Click “Add Card” once all of the information has been submitted.
- A verification process will follow, which may require you to upload a picture of a government-issued ID or other proof of identity documents for security reasons. This is one of the main requirements of all cryptocurrency exchanges when dealing with fiat currencies such as USD. This helps prevent fraud and money laundering schemes.
- Return to the buy page and input the amount you wish to buy. Then, choose the debit/credit card as your preferred payment method. Once a transaction is completed, the crypto is deposited into your account.
Coinmama is a popular cryptocurrency broker platform based in Israel, with over 1.5 million users spread across 190 countries worldwide. The company specializes in Bitcoin and Ethereum trading. In addition, Coinmama lets users buy crypto using their credit card and debit card purchases.
After verifying your account and card, you can buy Bitcoin on Coinmama with a credit card up to 15,000 USD per month. However, Coinmama charges a higher fee than other exchanges – expect to pay between 4.9% and 5.9% fees with a credit card.
Here’s how to buy crypto with a credit card on Coinmama:
- Go to Coinmama’s website.
- Go to the top right of the homepage and click the “Sign Up” link located there
- Input your first name, last name, email address, and password, then click “Create an account.”
- Once you have completed your registration, you will get an email from Coinmama with a verification link. Click it to verify your account and activate it for trading.
- Once you log into your account, click the “Buy” tab, then select “Bitcoin,” “Ethereum,” or any of the other cryptocurrencies available for purchase on Coinmama.
- Choose the amount you want to buy or enter your desired amount in the field provided. Then click “Buy Bitcoin/Ethereum now.”
- Then choose your most preferred payment method (“Credit/debit card”). Next, enter your wallet address and click continue.
- Upload your credit card information (card number, expiry date, CVV). Next, complete the ID verification by taking a selfie of yourself holding a government-issued ID document passport or driver’s license.
- If successful, your card will be charged for the purchase and crypto deposited in your Coinmama wallet.
eToro is recognized as one of the prominent social trading platforms globally. With eToro, you can invest in BTC and other cryptocurrencies by purchasing them using your credit card. Purchases with credit cards on eToro are charged at 0.75% to 5%. Credit card clearance is free.
On eToro, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to buy cryptocurrency with a credit card.:
- Open an account: Add your name, email address, phone number, and country of residence. Choose “cryptocurrency” as your sign-up purpose, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Open Account.”
- N Upload a photo ID and proof of address to verify your account (i.e., utility bill). It’s possible that this process will take up to 24 hours to finish.
- Submit your payment details. Once your identity is confirmed, click “Buy Now” and select the credit/debit card option. Next, fill in your Credit Card details and submit them.
- Validate your card: After submitting your Credit Card details, you will see a message from our Payment Provider. Input the 4-digit code sent to your mobile number and click ‘Submit’ to validate your card.
- Buy crypto: Once your credit card has been validated, you will be directed back to eToro, where you can execute the transaction by clicking ‘Confirm.’ After that, the crypto assets will be put into your portfolio.