The best way to buy crypto with a credit card is to go to exchanges that offer credit card purchases. Once you do, it’s easy to start trading with them.
It’s crucial to know and note, however, that not all exchanges provide this service, so you’ll have to do thourough research and assessment to find one that does. Furthermore, the fees connected with purchasing cryptocurrencies with a credit card can be rather significant, so you’ll need to shop around for the best deals.
Visa and Mastercard are the two main types of credit cards for buying crypto. Others include American Express and Discover.
How to Buy Crypto with Credit Card – Quick Steps
You may be eager to start buying cryptocurrency with a credit card, but it can be frustrating to figure out how to go about it. This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to buy crypto online with a credit card.
1. Double-check that your card issuer allows cryptos
It is critical to contact your credit card company to ensure that it allows crypto purchases on its platform. Also, inquire if those transactions will be treated as regular purchases or cash advances.
2. Look for a crypto exchange that permits credit card transactions
Not all exchanges support the use of credit cards for the transaction. So you should research and find an exchange that allows credit card transactions. After choosing your preferred platform, head over to the crypto exchange and sign up. Some popular exchanges include Binance, Coinbase, eToro and hi.com.
3. Verify your identity
Many of the exchanges require you to verify identity before making a purchase. To complete ID verification, simply upload your ID, proof of address, and a selfie (if required). If you want to stay anonymous, find a platform that allows you to buy crypto with credit card without verification.
4. Set up your transaction
Decide on the cryptocurrency you want to purchase. Select which cryptocurrency you wish to buy, which currency you want to use in making the purchase (USD, CHF, EUR etc.), and the amount you want to buy. Once you’ve confirmed all the details conform with your desired requirements, go ahead and purchase.
5. Input your payment method
Next, you’ll need to upload your card information and save it as your preferred payment method. It is important to note that, some platform requires your deposit money first before purchasing crypto.
6. Activate payments for the transaction
It’s important to ensure you do not allow interest rack up on your credit card balance. Prioritize paying off your balance as soon as you have the funds.
Best Sites to buy crypto with credit card
If you want to buy bitcoin using a credit card, we have compiled a list of the best places for you to start with.
hi is one of the best places to buy crypto using a credit card. With Hi.com, you can buy HI or any other cryptocurrency with a credit card in minutes. It’s easy to open a new account, and the platform lets you buy HI and other crypto instantly.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on hi.com
- Sign in to the hi Web App and tap on “Buy HI.”
- Select “Pay with Cards” in the top right-hand corner
- Enter the amount of HI you would like to purchase. The corresponding amount in USD will be automatically calculated.
- Select price rate, tap “Buy HI” and check out to confirm the transaction.
Crypto.com is a popular cryptocurrency exchange that supports trading, investing, staking, wallets, NFTs, etc. The exchange accepts credit cards and debit cards from several providers, including Visa, MasterCard, etc. Crypto.com charges 3% or 3.5% for each transaction depending on Visa and MasterCard credit cards.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on Crypto.com
- Go to your Crypto.com account’s Buy section.
- Select the crypto you want to buy, then choose a credit/debit card as your payment method.
- Enter the amount of crypto you want (in USD) or the amount of fiat currency you’d like to spend with your card, then click Checkout.
- The minimum for a single order is $50, and the maximum is $20,000 per 24 hours when using a credit/debit card.
- Cross-check the details of your purchase, then click Confirm to pay with your credit/debit card.
Binance is one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, handling billions of dollars in daily trades. Its own credit card payment service allows users to buy BTC and ETH with Visa or MasterCard. You are expected to pay between 3% to 4.5% in fees for credit card crypto purchases on Binance.
It should mostly take you 5-10 minutes to complete the process. However, if you’re new to Binance and don’t have any coins in your account, you’ll need first to set up your account and then deposit some cash in it before you can buy crypto with a credit card.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on Binance
- Go to the Binance website or download the app for your device.
- Register for a account or login into your existing one to begin your transaction.
- Select the “Buy Crypto” button and click “Credit Card” as a payment method.
- Select the coin you want to buy (BTC, ETH, USDT, etc.).
- Enter the amount you want to spend and click the “Buy now” button.
- Confirm your order by choosing the “Pay with credit/debit card” option in a pop-up window.
- Before clicking the “Confirm” button, fill in the relevant fields and double-check that all information is correct: your full name, billing address, phone number, and email address should be provided correctly for verification purposes.
- Enter the 3DS passcode from your bank card or choose other 2FA methods if needed for additional safety measures.
- You will receive the cryptocurrency assets after the transaction gets successful.
Coinmama is a popular cryptocurrency broker platform based in Israel, with over 1.5 million users spread across 190 countries worldwide. The company specializes in Bitcoin and Ethereum trading.
Coinmama offers the option to buy crypto with a credit or debit card. Coinmama accepts Visa and Mastercard as payment methods. After verifying your account and card, you can buy Bitcoin on Coinmama with a credit card up to 15,000 USD per month. However, Coinmama charges a higher fee than other exchanges – expect to pay between 4.9% and 5.9% fees with a credit card.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on Coinmama
- Go to Coinmama and create an account
- Complete the verification process.
- Complete your account registration and verification by filling out the required information and uploading an ID verification document as required by regulations in your area of residence. This process may take up to 24 hours to complete as all requests must be manually processed. As soon as you have completely verified your account, you can choose the amount of Bitcoin you desire to purchase and proceed to Checkout.
- Checkout. After selecting your preferred payment method (credit/debit card) and currency, enter the details of your credit/debit card and fill out any additional information that Coinmama might require to complete your order (depending on the payment method selected). Once you have completely filled out all fields, submit your order.
CEX.IO is one of the easiest-to-use exchanges. Their interface is straightforward. They offer a variety of ways to buy crypto, including a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. CEX.IO accepts Visa and MasterCard credit cards issued in any world currency. The exchange rate includes 3.5% + $ 0.25 per transaction commission.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on CEX.IO
- Register or log in to your Cex.io account;
- Go to Buy/Sell page and select the Credit/Debit Card option;
- Choose your most preferred currency and enter the amount you want to buy;
- Review the order details and click Confirm;
- Enter your card information in a secure field;
- Confirm your order on a 3D-Secure page, if needed.
With a Wirex account, you can make instant fiat purchases of supported cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, WAVES, etc. This means you don’t need to wait for an exchange to approve your deposit. You can also utilize your credit card to top up your Wirex account balance and make a purchase at any time that suits you. It’s convenient, fast, and accessible.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on Wirex
- Log in to your Wirex account and go to the Card section in the left menu.
- Select your linked bank account or click ‘Add new card’ to connect a new payment method (see below).
- Choose which cryptocurrency you want to buy.
- Enter the amount of fiat money or cryptocurrency you wish to spend.
- Review the transaction details and click ‘Buy now.’ The funds will instantly appear in your Wirex account balance.
eToro is known to be part of the leading social trading platforms globally. With eToro, you can invest in BTC and other cryptocurrencies by purchasing them using your credit card, Paypal, Skrill, etc. Purchases with credit cards on eToro are charged at 0.75% to 5%. Credit card clearance is free.
The CopyTrader is a unique tool of eToro that allows consumers to watch and copy the trading strategies of more experienced traders in order to make more money.. Currently, eToro supports more than 40 currencies.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on eToro
- Open an account: Add your name, email address, phone number, and country of residence. Choose “cryptocurrency” as your sign-up purpose, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Open Account.”
- Upload a recognized photo ID and proof of address to verify your account (i.e., utility bill). It’s possible that this process will take up to 24 hours to finish. Submit your payment details. Once your identity is confirmed, click “Buy Now” and select the credit/debit card option. Next, fill in your Credit Card details and submit them.
- Validate your card: After submitting your Credit Card details, you will see a message from our Payment Provider. Input the 4-digit code sent to your mobile number and click ‘Submit’ to validate your card.
- Buy crypto: Once your credit card has been validated, you will be directed back to eToro, where you can execute the transaction by clicking ‘Confirm.’ Then, the crypto assets will be put into your portfolio.
Coinbase is one of the world’s most popular cryptocurrency exchanges that allows you to buy and sell digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. The user interface is designed to be straightforward and intuitive, making it easy for investors to buy crypto with credit card.
You can also use credit cards on Coinbase to fund your account or buy cryptocurrencies. Coinbase charges a 2.49% transaction fee on all crypto purchases made using a credit card. It is extremely user-friendly and has a large volume of crypto pairings (e.g., BUSD/BTC).
How to buy crypto with a credit card on Coinbase
- Register for a Coinbase account.
- Verify your identity
- Go to ‘Buy crypto’ and select the currency you wish to purchase
- Select a Credit/Debit Card as your method of payment.
- Enter the amount you wish to buy, then press the “Buy Bitcoin Instantly” button.
- Enter your card details.
What to Consider When Buying Crypto With Credit Card?
1. Exchange fees
When you buy crypto with a credit card, you will likely be charged a fee by the exchange. This fee will be added to the fees charged by your credit card. You definitely want to avert being surprised by a large bill after buying crypto.
2. Foreign Exchange fee
When you buy crypto with a credit card, you need to know the foreign exchange fee. This is a fee that the credit card company charges for converting your purchase from US dollars to the currency of the crypto exchange. The fee can be as much as 3% of the purchase amount.
Another thing to watch out for is scams. There are a lot of scammers out there who are trying to take advantage of people’s ignorance about cryptocurrencies. So, please do your research before selecting an exchange and make sure it is reputable.
When you use a credit card to buy crypto, you essentially borrow money from the credit card company. If you don’t repay the debt, you will be charged interest. So, only borrow what you can afford to repay.
5. Credit Score
Your credit score could be affected if you max out your credit card to buy crypto. A high credit score is crucial if you want to borrow money in the future, so be sure to keep that in mind.
Pros and Cons of Buying Crypto With a Credit Card
While it is certainly convenient to be able to buy cryptocurrencies with a credit card, there are pros and cons involved.
There are many pros to buying crypto with a credit card. However, here are seven of the most important ones:
- Convenience: One of the biggest pros of buying crypto with a credit card is convenience. You can buy it from anywhere globally, and you don’t need to have any cash on hand. All that is required is usually a credit card and an internet connection.
- Speed: Another pro of buying crypto with a credit card is speed. Most exchanges will process your payment and send you the coins within minutes. This is a big plus for those who want to buy crypto quickly and without hassle.
- Security: Credit cards are very secure payment methods, so you don’t need to worry about your information being stolen when buying crypto. In addition, most exchanges offer added security measures, such as two-factor authentication, to protect your account further.
- Lower Fees: When you buy crypto with a credit card, the fees are usually lower than when you use other methods, such as bank transfers. This is because credit card companies charge lower fees for processing payments.
- Access to more exchanges: Some exchanges only accept payments via credit card, so you’ll need a credit card if you decide to buy from them.
- Reward Points: If you use a rewards credit card, you can earn points for every purchase. You can then redeem all those points for cash back or other prizes.
- Easier to Spend: If you’re planning on using your crypto to make purchases, it’s much easier to do so with a credit card. This is because most merchants accept credit cards as a form of payment.
There are a few drawbacks to buying crypto with a credit card.
- You can quickly get into debt if you’re not careful. In addition, Crypto prices can be volatile, so it’s easy to end up owing more money than you originally intended to spend.
- Most Credit card companies usually charge high (exorbitant) fees for cryptocurrency purchases. So do your research and compare prices before you buy to avoid overpaying.
- It’s relatively easy to steal credit card information and use it to make unauthorized purchases. This is a risk with any online purchase, but it’s worth mentioning since crypto is often seen as an anonymous and secure way to store and transfer funds.
- Some people don’t like the idea of using a credit card to buy crypto. Instead, they prefer to either use cash or a debit card or set up a new or existing account with any cryptocurrency exchange that permits bank transfers.
- There is a risk of identity theft when buying crypto with a credit card. It’s risky enough to buy crypto with a credit card because of the market’s volatility. Still, there’s an even bigger risk if your personal information gets stolen.
Despite these drawbacks, buying crypto with a credit card can still be a good option for some people. Just be sure to do your research and understand the risks before purchasing.
Is buying crypto with credit card safe?
Buying crypto with a credit card is just as safe and secure as buying it with cash or bank transfer. On top of that, using your credit card allows you to leverage rewards points as you make purchases.
Can You Buy Crypto With Credit Card?
All in all-yes, you can buy buy bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and many other crypto with a credit card on various exchanges. Some even offer instant purchase and delivery of the coins to your wallet. However, it is vital to be aware that not all exchanges offer this service, so you will need to research to find one that does.
Which crypto exchange accepts credit cards?
Many exchanges facilitate crypto transactions, allowing users to buy and sell crypto with a credit card. The most popular platforms that accept credit card purchases include hi, Coinbase, CEX.IO, Binance, eToro and Coinmama, etc.
How long does a credit card Bitcoin transaction take to complete?
Most of the time, when you buy bitcoin with a credit card, it is instantaneous. However, the transaction can take 3-4 hours in some cases. This is because certain processes need to be followed before the transaction can be completed successfully.
How to buy crypto instantly?
hi is the best place to buy crypto instantly with a credit card. You can use your credit card to buy crypto like HI, and stake your coins to earn huge yields and APY.