The best way to buy crypto with a credit card is to go to exchanges that offer credit card purchases. Once you do, it’s easy to start trading with them.
It’s crucial to know and note, however, that not all exchanges provide this service, so you’ll have to do thorough research and assessment to find one that does. Furthermore, the fees connected with purchasing cryptocurrencies with a credit card can be rather significant, so you’ll need to shop around for the best deals.
Visa and Mastercard are the two main types of credit cards for buying crypto. Others include American Express and Discover.
Best Way to Buy Crypto with Credit Card
If you want to buy crypto using a credit card, check out the following platforms.
You can buy crypto with a credit card at Crypto.com. The exchange accepts credit cards and debit cards from several providers, including Visa, MasterCard, etc. It also agrees with both domestic and international cards.
Here is how to buy crypto with a credit card on Crypto.com
- Go to your Crypto.com account’s Buy section.
- Select the crypto you want to buy, then choose a credit/debit card as your payment method.
- Enter the amount of crypto you want (in USD) or the amount of fiat currency you’d like to spend with your card, then click Checkout.
- The minimum for a single order is $50, and the maximum is $20,000 per 24 hours when using a credit/debit card.
- Cross-check the details of your purchase, then click Confirm to pay with your credit/debit card.
The exchange charges 3% or 3.5% for each transaction, depending on whether you use a Visa or MasterCard credit card (the higher rate is for Visa transactions).
Buying crypto with a credit card on Binance is quick and easy. It should mostly take you 5-10 minutes to complete the process. However, if you’re new to Binance and don’t have any coins in your account, you’ll need first to set up your account and then deposit some cash in it before you can buy crypto with a credit card.
Outlined below are steps on how to buy crypto with a credit card on Binance:
- Sign up to Binance: If you haven’t done so already, go to Binance and sign up for an account. All that is majorly required is a valid email address and password.
- Verify Your Identity: This is often required. Before you can deposit fiat currency (USD, EURO, GBP, etc.) into Binance and buy crypto using your credit card, you must verify your identity on the exchange. This involves updating one personal document (i.e., passport, driver’s license, or government-issued ID) and one document that proves your residency (i.e., utility bill)
Coinmama now offers the option to buy crypto with a debit card. If you don’t have a credit card, you can also buy Bitcoin with a debit card. Coinmama accepts Visa and Mastercard as payment methods. They may receive compensation when you use Coinmama. To buy Bitcoin with a credit card, follow these steps:
- Go to Coinmama and create an account
- Complete the verification process.
- Complete your account registration and verification by filling out the required information and uploading an ID verification document as required by regulations in your area of residence. This process may take up to 24 hours to complete as all requests must be manually processed. As soon as you have completely verified your account, you can choose the amount of Bitcoin you desire to purchase and proceed to Checkout.
- Checkout. After selecting your preferred payment method (credit/debit card) and currency, enter the details of your credit/debit card and fill out any additional information that Coinmama might require to complete your order (depending on the payment method selected). Once you have completely filled out all fields, submit your order.
CEX.IO is one of the easiest-to-use exchanges. Their interface is straightforward. They offer a variety of ways to buy crypto, including a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. CEX.IO accepts Visa and MasterCard credit cards issued in any world currency. The exchange rate includes 3.5% + $ 0.25 per transaction commission.
If you want to purchase cryptocurrency with a credit card on CEX.IO, follow these steps:
- Register or log in to your Cex.io account;
- Go to Buy/Sell page and select the Credit/Debit Card option;
- Choose your most preferred currency and enter the amount you want to buy;
- Review the order details and click Confirm;
- Enter your card information in a secure field;
- Confirm your order on a 3D-Secure page, if needed.
With a Wirex account, you can make instant fiat purchases of supported cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, WAVES, etc. This means you don’t need to wait for an exchange to approve your deposit. You can also utilize your credit card to top up your Wirex account balance and make a purchase at any time that suits you. It’s convenient, fast, and accessible.
Heres’ how to buy crypto with a credit card in Wirex. The first thing you need is a verified Wirex account. Then follow these steps:
- Log in to your Wirex account and go to the Card section in the left menu.
- Select your linked bank account or click ‘Add new card’ to connect a new payment method (see below).
- Choose which cryptocurrency you want to buy.
- Enter the amount of fiat money or cryptocurrency you wish to spend.
- Review the transaction details and click ‘Buy now.’ The funds will instantly appear in your Wirex account balance.
eToro is a good choice for buying crypto with a credit card because they offer low fees and credit for payment options.
Buying crypto using a credit card on eToro is relatively simple:
- Create an account: If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to create a new eToro account and verify your identity. This process should take around 10 minutes.
- Deposit funds: You’ll need to deposit at least $50 or £50 to open a position.
- Buy crypto: Select the crypto asset you wish to invest in and click “Trade.”
You can also buy crypto via eToro’s Crypto CopyFund, which lets you invest in a variety of major cryptocurrencies, including Cardano, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and Litecoin.
Coinbase is recognized as one of the foremost exchanges in the world, and it allows users to purchase Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and other top cryptocurrencies using a credit card. Using a credit card through exchanges like Coinbase allows fast transactions and makes it easy for users to exchange their fiat currency for digital coins quickly.
Buying crypto with a credit card on Coinbase is straightforward. Here’s how to go about it.
- Register for a Coinbase account.
- Verify your identity
- Go to ‘Buy crypto’ and select the currency you wish to purchase
- Select a Credit/Debit Card as your method of payment.
- Enter the amount you wish to buy, then press the “Buy Bitcoin Instantly” button.
- Enter your card details.
Enter them and press “Save this card.” A notification via an SMS will be sent to you from your bank almost instantly, confirming that $1 has been charged to your account; this is for verification purposes only the charge will be refunded immediately.
What to Consider When Buying Crypto With Credit Card
- Exchange fees: When you buy crypto with a credit card, you will likely be charged a fee by the exchange. This fee will be added to the fees charged by your credit card. You definitely want to avert being surprised by a large bill after buying crypto.
- Foreign Exchange Fee: When you buy crypto with a credit card, you need to know the foreign exchange fee. This is a fee that the credit card company charges for converting your purchase from US dollars to the currency of the crypto exchange. The fee can be as much as 3% of the purchase amount,
- Scams: Another thing to watch out for is scams. There are a lot of scammers out there who are trying to take advantage of people’s ignorance about cryptocurrencies. So, please do your research before selecting an exchange and make sure it is reputable.
- Debt: When you use a credit card to buy crypto, you essentially borrow money from the credit card company. If you don’t repay the debt, you will be charged interest. So, only borrow what you can afford to repay.
- Credit Score: Your credit score could be affected if you max out your credit card to buy crypto. A high credit score is crucial if you want to borrow money in the future, so be sure to keep that in mind.
Buy HI With Credit Card
Hi.com is one of the best places to buy crypto using a credit card. With Hi.com, you can buy HI or any other cryptocurrency with a credit card in minutes. It’s easy to open a new account, and the platform lets you buy HI instantly.
Here’s how to buy crypto with a credit card on Hi.com.
- Sign in to the hi Web App and tap on “Buy HI.”
- Select “Pay with Cards” in the top right-hand corner
- Enter the amount of HI you would like to purchase. The corresponding amount in USD will be automatically calculated.
- Select price rate, tap “Buy HI” and check out to confirm the transaction.