Did you know that some cryptocurrency wallets pay interest for keeping your crypto in the wallet? If you can withstand the wild swings, typical of cryptocurrencies, there’s more to be earned in interest by keeping crypto in on such platforms.
A typical bank pays interest on your savings at an annual interest rate of approximately 2.15% annual percentage yield (APY). Crypto wallets, however, pay more in interest. When you deposit coins into your account, you give up access to your keys. That allows the exchange to lending your crypto to other individuals. Some crypto investors may find this to be unacceptable, but the high interest can prove too attractive to ignore.
Crypto Wallets that Earn Interest
Here are the most popular crypto wallets that pay higher interest on your crypto holdings.
Nexo is another platform that offers high-interest rates on crypto, stablecoins, and standard currencies like USD, EUR, or GBP. Nexo pays between 8% and 12% on your crypto holdings. If you choose to earn interest back in Nexo coins, you’ll earn 2% more in interest.
Binance is a crypto-to-crypto exchange that offers traders quite exciting ways to earn interest on their crypto holdings. Binance offers both set and adjustable periods, as well as high stakes DeFi staking, which pays out between 7% and 12.49 percent depending on the coin.
For instance, you can earn anywhere between 1.20% APY on bitcoin and 6.50% for 1inch (1INCH) using Binance’s flexible savings account.
BlockFi is a crypto lending company that pays handsome interests to investors. As a crypto lender, BlockFi takes in deposits of cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, then lends them to other parties who are looking to borrow crypto. Depositors earn interest on their deposits, and borrowers pay interest on their loans.
Customers using BlockFi interest accounts earn a straight 8.6% APY on the coins they keep on the platform, including as Bitcoin, Gemini Dollar (GUSD), and USD Coin (USDC).
Crypto.com also pays high interest for storing crypto in its wallet. Crypto .com pays 6.5% on crypto savings and 12% on stablecoins deposited weekly. Besides, interest is paid out in the same crypto the funds are deposited in.
The Coinbase platform offers its clients two main products: Coinbase Pro and Coinbase Wallet. These products provide different levels of security, but they all come with high-yield interest rates.
Coinbase Pro is a professional trading platform that allows users to buy, sell and trade cryptocurrencies. It’s also the platform used to access the high-yield interest accounts offered by Coinbase, which are currently available at 3%.
A Coinbase wallet is a place where you can store your cryptocurrencies securely. It’s also possible to earn interest on your crypto holdings directly from the wallet app, although the rate is slightly lower than what you’ll get from Coinbase Pro at 2.5%.
Coinbase, unlike the other companies on this list, does not lend out its USDC. Instead, while you wait to make bitcoin trades, this is a chance to earn a tiny amount of income.
Gemini recently launched its Gemini Earn feature, which allows you to can get high interest on your crypto holdings. With Gemini, you can receive up to 7.4% accumulated interest, including 2.05% on BTC, by transferring your crypto to Gemini Earn.
KuCoin is recognized as one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the market. They have a lucrative savings product called KuCoin, where you can earn high APY by staking or saving crypto. You can earn up to 6.1% APY on USDT and 0.64% on BTC. In addition, they also have other assets that have much higher APY.
SoFi is a popular online lender that offers low-interest rates and flexible repayment terms. SoFi also offers a rewards program that gives you $10 in bitcoin for every friend you refer who buys crypto with a credit card.
It also offers a more traditional rewards program, giving users 1% back in the form of cash or gift cards. This is a great way to get started in crypto and earn some free coins.
What’s the Difference Between a Crypto Savings Wallet and a Regular Wallet?
A crypto savings wallet is an account that pays interest for holding crypto in the wallet. A regular wallet only keeps your funds. You can use a regular wallet to manage your account, check your balance, and transfer and send crypto.
A crypto savings wallet works in a similar fashion as bank savings account but with key differences.
- FDIC insurance: Unlike your bank savings account that comes with FDIC insurance, a crypto savings account doesn’t, so there’s always the risk of losing your money.
- Access: In a bank savings account, you have access to your money at any time. In a crypto savings account, your crypto keys are borrowed out to investors/people who can use the crypto for a required period of time. The borrower will then pay back the money with some interest on top.
- Withdrawal restrictions: Unlike a normal bank savings account that allows you to withdraw money up to six times without a penalty. A crypto savings account comes with more restrictions. Some wallets even restrict how much you can withdraw from your account within the savings period.
- Compound interest: The good thing about crypto savings wallets is that they offer compound interest. It means your initial deposit grows over time, but the interest on the growth does not compound
Save Money in hi Crypto Savings Wallet to Earn High Interest
If you deposit your money into a crypto-based savings account, you can expect to earn interest. hi is known to be one of the leading cryptocurrencies you can stake to earn high interest. You can earn up to 40% APY in interest, paid out daily. HI earned from the daily reward will be credited to your account but will only be unlocked for withdrawal after a year.
Here’s an easy guide on how to transfer your crypto to Hi.com.
- Access hi.com via Whatsapp or Telegram. Next, send type “hi” in the chat, and a menu will open, allowing you to create an account. Comply with the oulined instructions to complete the signup and access your hi wallet. When you create an account, your hi wallet is automatically created.
- Tap on the hi logo on the main screen to summon the menu, and click on deposit
- Select the cryptocurrency that you’d like to deposit from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’ve selected the crypto you are depositing, let’s say USDT, copy the Deposit Address to your clipboard and confirm. Congratulations, you’ve just transferred crypto to your hi wallet.