If you don’t own any crypto right now, it can feel like you’re missing out on the trend. But you have to worry since you can easily buy crypto using a credit card and get in the mix.
It is pretty simple to buy crypto with a credit card. However, this greatly depends on your credit card issuer and the cryptocurrency exchange platform. Many exchanges facilitate crypto transactions, allowing users to buy and sell crypto with a credit card. The most popular platforms that accept credit card purchases include Coinbase, CEX.IO, Binance, eToro, Coinmama, etc.
How to acquire crypto with a credit card?
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to buy crypto with a credit card:
- Find and register with an exchange that allows credit card transactions. Not all exchanges support the use of credit cards for the transaction. The expected first step is to register for a free account with a crypto exchange that will enable you to use a credit card. You may also have to share some personal information and verify your identity.
- Double-check that your card issuer allows cryptos. It is critical to contact your credit card company to ensure that it allows crypto purchases on its platform. Also, inquire if those transactions will be treated as regular purchases or cash advances.
- Input your chosen payment method. Next, you’ll need to upload your card information and save it as your most preferred payment method.
- Set up your transaction. Decide on the cryptocurrency you want to purchase. Select which cryptocurrency you wish to buy using the right currency exchange and the amount you want to buy. Once you’ve confirmed all the details conform with your desired requirements, go ahead and purchase.
- Activate payments for the transaction. It’s important to ensure you do not allow interest rack up on your credit card balance. Prioritize paying off your balance as soon as you have the funds.
How to purchase crypto with a credit card on eToro
eToro is one of the leading social trading platforms globally. With eToro, you can invest in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies by purchasing them using your credit card. Purchases with credit cards on eToro are charged at 0.75% to 5%. Credit card clearance is free.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on eToro:
- Open an account: The first step is to register for an account with eToro. Enter your name as written on your documents, email address, phone number, and country of residence. Choose “cryptocurrency” as your sign-up purpose, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Open Account.”
- Verify your account: After opening your account, you will need to verify it by uploading a verified photo ID and proof of address (i.e., utility bill). Once complete, you should receive notification that your account has been verified within 24 hours, although this can sometimes take longer.
- Submit your payment details: Once you click ‘Buy Now, you will be asked to fill in a short form. Here, you will be required to offer your Credit Card details and submit them.
- Validate your card: After submitting your Credit Card details, you will see a message from our Payment Provider. This message contains a 4-digit code sent to the mobile number you used when registering. Enter this code into the appropriate field and click ‘Submit’ to validate your card.
- Carrying out the transaction: Once your credit card has been validated, you will be directed back to eToro, where you can execute the transaction by clicking ‘Confirm.’ After that, the crypto assets will be put into your portfolio. Then be put into your portfolio.
How to Buy cryptocurrency with a credit card on Binance?
Binance is one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the market. Its own credit card payment service allows users to buy cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum (ETH) with their Visa or MasterCard.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on Binance
- Go to the Binance website or download the app for your device.
- Register an account or login into your existing one.
- Select the “Buy Crypto” button and click “Credit Card” as a payment method.
- Choose the coin you want to buy (BTC, ETH, USDT, etc.).
- Enter the amount you want to spend and click the “Buy now” button.
- Confirm your order by choosing the “Pay with credit/debit card” option in a pop-up window.
- Before clicking the “Confirm” button, fill in the relevant fields and double-check that all of the information is correct: your full name, billing address, phone number, and email address should be provided correctly for verification purposes.
- Enter the 3DS passcode from your bank card or choose other 2FA methods if needed for additional safety measures.
- You will receive the cryptocurrency assets after the transaction gets successful.
How To Purchase Crypto with Credit Card on Coinbase
Coinbase is recognized as one of the world’s most popular cryptocurrency exchanges that allows you to acquire and sell digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. You can also use credit cards on Coinbase to fund your account or buy cryptocurrencies. Coinbase charges a 2.49% transaction fee on all crypto purchases made using a credit card.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on Coinbase
- Sign up for a Coinbase account.
- After creating an account, verify your email address and phone number
- When your account is created, go to the payment methods page and click “Add Payment Method,” where you will be able to enter your credit card details.
- Fill in the essential information for “Credit/Debit Card.” Input your first and last name (as it appears on your credit card) as well as your Billing Address and Credit Card Number, Expiry Date, Security Code (CVV). Click “Add Card” once all of the information has been submitted.
- A verification process will follow, which may require you to upload a picture of a government-issued ID or other proof of identity documents for security reasons. This is one of the main requirements of all cryptocurrency exchanges when dealing with fiat currencies such as USD. This helps prevent fraud and money laundering schemes.
- Go back to the buy page and enter the amount you wish to buy. Choose the debit/credit card as a payment method. Once a transaction is complete, the crypto is deposited into your account.
How to acquire crypto with a credit card on Coinmama
Coinmama is a popular cryptocurrency broker platform based in Israel, with over 1.5 million users spread across 190 countries worldwide. The company specializes in Bitcoin and Ethereum trading. Coinmama lets users buy crypto using their credit card in addition to debit card purchases.
After verifying your account and card, you can buy Bitcoin on Coinmama with a credit card up to 15,000 USD per month. Coinmama charges a higher fee than other exchanges – expect to pay between 4.9% and 5.9% fees with a credit card.
How to buy crypto with a credit card on Coinmama
- Go to Coinmama’s website.
- Click the “Sign Up” link located at the top right of the homepage.
- Input your first name, last name, email address, and password, then click “Create an account.”
- Once you complete your registration for a free account, you will get a confirmation email from Coinmama with a verification link. Click it to verify your account and activate it for trading.
- Once you log into your account, click the “Buy” tab, then select “Bitcoin,” “Ethereum,” or any of the other cryptocurrencies available for purchase on Coinmama.
- Choose the amount you want to buy or enter your desired amount in the field provided. Then click “Buy Bitcoin/Ethereum now.”
- Then select your preferred payment method (“Credit/debit card”). Enter your wallet address and click continue.
- Enter all your credit card information (card number, expiry date, CVV). Next, complete the ID verification by taking a selfie of yourself holding a government-issued ID document passport or driver’s license.
- If successful, your card will be charged for the purchase and crypto deposited in your Coinmama wallet.
Pros and Coins of Buying Crypto with Credit Card
- With a credit card, you can get that crypto in your account instantly.
- You can buy a small amount of crypto with your credit card.
- Credit cards are not the cheapest way to buy cryptocurrency. Their main drawbacks are the fees involved with purchasing via a credit card. Coinmama, for example, charges a transaction fee depending on the market rate plus 2%, a commission of up to 3.9 percent, and an additional 5% fee if you pay with a credit card. .
- Purchasing Bitcoin (BTC) with a credit card can be expensive.
- Your credit card provider may charge you cash advance fees, interest, or other charges depending on your agreement with them.
Use Crypto Credit Card Rewards to Avoid Fees
One way to avoid the hefty fees associated with crypto purchase transactions is to buy crypto with credit card rewards. Platforms like BlockFi and Gemini lets you earn rewards on your everyday purchases in the form of crypto. You can then use your cashback earnings to purchase crypto of your choice.
Earn Passive Income with HI
HI is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies for earning passive income from your cryptocurrency assets. Daily interest payments of up to 40% APY are available. The HI earned from the daily reward will be paid to your account, but it will not be accessible until the beginning of each month. To begin unlocking, you’ll also need to purchase HI (minimum of 100 HI). You can deposit your rewards in Earnings to earn up to 40% APY once they’ve been unlocked.