What are hi Dollars (HI)?
First off, a quick recap. Skip down to the sections below to go straight to the tutorial.
hi Dollar (HI) is the hi membership token or cryptocurrency and will allow anybody globally to buy, hold and sell fiat and cryptocurrencies with nothing more than a mobile phone.
Everyone who participates in hi’s ecosystem, using and accruing tokens in the process, is effectively an “owner” of the ecosystem.
Holding hi Dollars powers your membership to hi, giving you access to lifestyle benefits and a wide range of services.
As you continue to hold more hi Dollars, your membership tier gets upgraded with more benefits.
How can I buy hi Dollars (HI)?
With the official launch of our membership token, we are adding more purchase options to give our members additional flexibility.
Following our official token launch on 1 Aug 2021, there are now two ways HI can be bought –
1. Directly through hi by accessing hi.com/app
2. OR through decentralised exchanges (DEXs) such as Uniswap.
Buying hi Dollars on Uniswap
Uniswap is the leading decentralized exchange on the Ethereum network, and we’ve included a simple how-to guide for our members below.
Getting started with Uniswap is relatively straightforward, however, you will need to make sure you already have an ERC-20 supported wallet setup such as MetaMask, WalletConnect, Coinbase wallet, Portis, or Fortmatic.
- Head to https://uniswap.org
- Click “Launch App” in the top right-hand corner
- Go to “Connect wallet” in the top right-hand corner and select the wallet you have.
- Select which token you’d like to swap, enter the amount and click “swap.”
- A preview window of the transaction will appear and you will need to confirm the transaction on your ERC-20 wallet.
- Wait for the transaction to be added to the Ethereum blockchain. You can check its progress by copying and pasting the transaction ID into https://etherscan.io/. The transaction ID will be available in your wallet by finding the transaction in your sent transaction history.
Purchased hi Dollars on Uniswap – which wallet do they get added to?
If you bought HI on UniSwap, your tokens will be added directly to the supported wallet of your choosing. For supported wallets you can visit Uniswap’s official page for details here
If you have bought directly from hi, and chosen a lock-up option, you will keep all of your tokens safely in your hi Vault.
Vault holds purchased assets for their lockup period, with daily release into Flexible. You have the option to buy hi Dollars with 1 and 4 year lockups.
More information can be found in our whitepaper here
The most up-to-date price of hi Dollars can always be found on our website. Check out https://hi.com/hi-dollars