You can now use hi like your regular bank account.
Starting today, members from EEA countries, the UK, and Gold Tier members and above can now activate their personal IBANs.
Your personal IBAN account supports Euros and Pound Sterling, and is compatible with all major banks, making it frictionless to transfer fiat between hi and other banks for deposits, payments, and remittances.
IBAN stands for International Bank Account Number and is an internationally accepted numbering system that identifies individual bank accounts worldwide. Financial service providers use IBANs to process money transfers and ensure payments arrive at the correct destination.
Eligible members can now activate their IBAN accounts within the hi Mobile Apps.
To activate personal IBAN accounts at hi, members must be:
• From the UK or EEA countries, and have completed KYC level 1; OR
• Have Gold Tier status and above, have completed KYC level 2
Use your personal IBAN to…
• Send and receive EUR/GBP to other people’s accounts through SEPA & FPS
• Deposit or withdraw EUR/GBP to and from your other bank accounts
• Transfer funds at true exchange rates, without any hidden fees
We are working hard to provide international fiat accounts for more regions globally. Initially, EUR & GBP are supported, with more currencies to follow.
How to activate your IBAN
Quick & Easy!
1. Go to the IBAN tab within the Wallet page in the hi Mobile App.
2. Click ‘Activate Now’ and select your desired currency (EUR or GBP) for the IBAN to ‘Continue’.
3. Fill in the information required: Your Name & Address (Only in Latin letters or digits).
4. Read T&Cs and Submit.
Voila! You will get your IBAN number upon successful application. Approval status will be updated in the same section.
If your application fails or you encounter any difficulties, please try again or contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
Best of all, activation is free!
The IBAN activation is completely free. Head to your hi Mobile App and activate it now!
Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the Personal IBAN Account T&C within the hi Mobile Apps for details.