You need an NFT wallet to buy and sell NFTs. In most cases, you’ll need a crypto wallet compatible with the Ethereum blockchain because NFTs are almost always on Ethereum.
In this guide, we’ll explain how to choose the best NFT wallets and also show you how to create an NFT wallet in 5 easy steps.
What is an NFT wallet?
An NFT wallet is a crypto wallet used to purchase and store NFTs with your cryptocurrencies.
You need to fund your an NFT wallet with cryptocurrencies in order to buy an NFT on the marketplace. Once you’ve purchased an NFT, you’ll need the same wallet to access your NFT assets in the blockchain, where it is actually held. The wallet provides private keys that allow you to authorize transactions or sell your NFT. If you lose your private keys, all of your NFT assets will be lost.
How to create an NFT wallet?
To create and set up your crypto wallet for NFT, simply follow the steps below:
- Select a platform you trust
- Create your account
- Buy or transfer your cryptocurrency assets
- Connect your wallet to NFT marketplace
- Mint or Purchase NFT on an NFT
Best NFT Wallets
Outlined below are some of the best NFT wallets available in the market today.
1. MetaMask – Best NFT wallet with robust security
MetaMask is probably the most popular digital wallet for NFTs. It is a browser extension (also available as an Android and iOS) that provides easy access to NFT marketplaces with just a couple of clicks. MetaMask also makes it easier to send, receive, and store NFTs.
With MetaMask, you can set up multiple addresses so you can hold your NFTs at an address that’s separate from your cryptocurrency. You can also create a single address for each NFT you hold.
Another feature that makes MetaMask hugely popular is the built-in swap feature that allows you to swap crypto to buy NFT. In addition, MetaMask offers robust security features allowing you to keep the private keys securely on your device. This means that you have comprehensive control over your NFTs and crypto holdings. Lastly, your passwords and Secret Recovery Phase are encrypted to enhance your wallet’s security.
2. Trust Wallet – Best NFT wallet for beginners
Trust Wallet boasts a sleek and easy-to-navigate interface, making it one of the best NFT wallets for beginners. The wallet supports both cryptocurrencies and NFT digital collectibles on Ethereum and the Binance Smart Chain.
Buying NFTs from popular NFT markets and viewing your owned assets is easier with Trust Wallet. It also has an exchange option that allows you to quickly trade currencies in exchange for the NFTs you want to purchase. Trust Wallet is a free app for iOS and Android smartphones that does not save your personal information.
3. Coinbase Wallet – Best overall NFT wallet
NFTs are digital assets that are supported by Coinbase Wallet. Coinbase Wallet makes it easier to buy and trade NFTs since it features a user-friendly interface that is simple to browse. Furthermore, storing your digital assets in the Coinbase Wallet provides you complete management.
It permits you to backup your private keys to your personal cloud storage with a single click. This can help to ensure that you don’t lose access to your NFTs or other wallet funds. While the wallet is available on smartphones, a browser extension makes it easy to acquire NFTs and use other dApps across devices.
Another feature worth noting is that Coinbase Wallet allows users to receive and transmit digital assets using their username rather than their public wallet address. This gives you more peace of mind because you know you’re transferring assets to the proper person.
4. Crypto.com Wallet – Similar to Coinbase
If your desire is to access a full suite of DeFi services in one place, including NFTs, then try crypto.com DeFi wallet. Offered by one of the most popular crypto exchanges in the market, this NFT wallet allows you to buy and sell NFTs with no transaction fees. Receiving and sending NFTs is also easy with the Crypto.com NFT wallet, as it provides a dedicated wallet address that ensures NFT transfers are easy and simple.
The wallet is non-custodial and is available on the App Store and Google Play. It is really free to use and supports over 100 cryptocurrencies, making it simple to store the cryptocurrency required to purchase NFTs. It comes with a passcode, biometric authentication, or 2-factor authentication for an extra layer of security.
5. AlphaWallet – Best non-custodial wallet for NFTs, DeFi
AlphaWallet is an open-source NFT wallet that offers a quick and easy way to store NFTs. It is a self-custodial that supports many blockchain games and Ethereum-based NFTs. The wallet offers a straightforward user interface that makes it simple to connect to the top NFT exchange and invest. Users can now add metatags to their tokens so that they can search and filter them more quickly when exploring their collection. It can be used to access games like CryptoKitties, Dragonereum, and ChainZ Arena. It also has a built-in dApp browser to connect to NFT marketplaces like OpenSea and direct access to DeFi applications such as Compound.
How to choose an NFT wallet?
Here are some things to consider when choosing an NFT wallet:
- Compatiability: Some wallets are specifically for connecting to NFT marketplaces like OpenSea, SuperRare, and Solanart. If you are planning on buying and selling tokens in the future, you will need an NFT wallet compatible with different exchanges.
- Purpose: Other types of wallets are more general-purpose and can be used for storing or sending/receiving cryptocurrency. If you want to store NFTs for longer periods, you will also need to consider finding a wallet that is extensively compatible with the NFTs of your choice.
- Security: Hardware wallets offer more protection than software wallets. Nevertheless, the best NFT wallets offer two-factor authentication and encryption features to provide extra-layer security for your digital assets.
- Mobile wallets: Consider utilizing a mobile wallet to store your NFT tokens on the go. However, being able to access your NFTs on both a desktop and a mobile device can come in handy. So, a wallet with cross-device support might be the best option.
- Conversion keys: When looking at NFT wallets, pay attention to the conversion fees, especially when withdrawing or depositing your NFTs.
Introducing NFT debit card
If you already own an NFT, you can now customize your hi Debit Card with your owned avatar – so you can take your NFT collection wherever you go.
Here are some highlights of the hi Debit Card:
- Spend Euros, Pounds, stablecoins, and other cryptos at any Mastercard merchant worldwide
- Up to 10% card spend reward
- Rebate on between 1-20 Digital Subscriptions
- Fund your card instantaneously via SEPA or FPS with Euros or British Pounds using a hi personal IBAN
- NFT customization for eligible cardholders to personalize the face of their card with an NFT avatar they verifiably own
Yes, you can store an NFT in a crypto wallet. There are many wallets in the market that allos you to store and trade your NFT directly.
The best NFT wallets are:
- Trust Wallet
- Coinbase Wallet
- Crypto.com Wallet
Here’s is a step-by-step guide on how to send NFT to another wallet:
- Open your NFT wallet and head to the NFTs tab in your wallet
- Select the NFT you want to transfer and click “Send”.
- Enter the recipient’s information (public wallet address or ENS)
- Double check if the information is correct as it’s irreversible
- Confirm the transaction